Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Quick Quick Slow

I don't know about you guys but my two year olds are in a serious Curious George phase right now.  It is the show we watch when we are munching on breakfast and getting ready for the day.  The other day the episode was on where George learned how to do the boxstep from his neighbors the Rankins.  The Rankins grandaughter Ally was going to have a dance party so George learned how to dance and in turn taught all the neighbors. 

The main lesson George took from the Rankins was quick quick slow..quick quick slow and that they step in time with the music. 


This morning Caleb walked up to me in our living room, spread his legs apart, almost into a split and said quick quick slow....At first I was not sure what he was saying or talking about and then the epside hit me.  I stood up , put myhands out to him and said "Caleb do you want to dance? Do you want to do quick quick slow wiht mommy?"  He ran over to me, took my hands and before I knew it I was doing the box step with my two year old.  After Caleb was done Jake wanted a turn and then Liam.  I think in 20 or 30 years we will be ready to dance at their respective weddings--not that I am rushing anything!!! They can stay two for a while. 

Next up...the boys start their own band !!
video